When someone tapped Eddie Vedder for an All-In Challenge, the Pearl Jam frontman came through in a huge way.
If you haven’t heard, an All-In Challenge is a fundraiser for hunger-fighting charities where artists and celebrities are asked to create unforgettable fan experiences to encourage donations. It functions similarly to a 50-50 raffle at a sporting event. The more money you donate, the more contest entries you receive. This thing has spread pretty far and wide over the past few weeks. Now it’s reached the Jam via actress Laura Dern.
— Pearl Jam (@PearlJam) April 30, 2020
They call it the Pearl Jam Birthday Package but it can happen whenever. Here are the bullet points.
- round trip airfare for two to a Pearl Jam show, and two nights hotel
- help Eddie create that night’s setlist
- great seats
- watch the first half of the show from the soundboard
- watch the second half of the show from the side of the stage
- road crew for Eddie while you’re up there
- share his stash of red wine
- on-stage ‘birthday’ celebration
- Fender Telecaster guitar signed by the band
Photo: By Lugnuts (Own work) [CC BY-SA 3.0 (https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0)], via Wikimedia Commons